Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Birdie

This little birdie has been sitting on the fence near my kitchen most of the morning and afternoon. I think she likes my neighbor's park-like backyard. She also must have friends nearby because she's been singing like crazy. I can't wait to get settled on our backyard so birds will want to spend time back there too.


I didn't want to scare her away so I used a super zoom on my camera. I'm thinking that's why the color is so muted.
Anyone know what kind of bird she is?
Edit: My friend Loren's coworker supplied me with some additional information. Turns out my she-bird is a HE-bird called a House Finch.

3 Super Awesome Commenters Said:

mom said...

It might be a red headed sparrow, but I'm not sure~

Loren said...

If you really want to know what kind it is I can show the photo to my birder coworker and she can tell us. Want me to? If you do, send me an email so I know to do it at work tomorrow.

Lyndsay said...

Would you mind? I'm curious and would like to know. Thanks!