Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Priorities

I have a lot on my plate this week. Piles of housework to finish, a number of errands to run, email messages to respond to, and basically plenty of catching up to do. So what made top on my list this gorgeous afternoon? Harvesting lavender, of course. Yep. In my mind that seemed to be the most pressing task and somehow inched its way to number one. Bummer of a way to spend the last day of summer, huh? You should smell our kitchen, my shirt and my hands.

6 Super Awesome Commenters Said:

Loren said...

So beautiful! Definitely a better way to spend your time than housework and errands.

mom said...

Did Maggie get to help you?

mom said...

Post of pic of where you put it in your house~

Lyndsay said...

Loren: that's what I was thinking too.

Mom: I'm drying them and will take the stems apart to do something with them. Either soap or sachets, I'm not sure yet. Also, Maggie was napping so I took the opportunity to trim the flowers then.

Lyndsay said...

It takes a little over a week to dry.

Hendersons said...

hi Lyndsay! I haven't been on your blog for awhile- life has been so busy! i love all of your posts lately! The lavender is beautiful! Much better choice to do during her nap than cleaning! Cleaning will always be there, but the lavender won't! :) we miss you guys! Give Maggie (and Chad, ha ha ha) a kiss for us!! Stacy